Friday, June 19, 2009

Party Playlists

Besides food, music is key to any dinner or party.... it sets the tone for the evening. I love to play flamenco music when I am making Spanish cuisine, or a jazz medley when it is a good dinner with good wine. The beauty of the internet is that you can create a playlist from your iPod or simply your computer. The one below is my new favorite for a nice, quiet dinner with my husband, or a simple meal with friends:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Check out sites like www.playlist.com, and www.lala.com to sign up and create a free playlist. If you are iPod savvy, you can go to www.iTunes.com and purchase songs to download to your iPod. I often buy music mixes on CD, like Latin Groove, Jazz Lounge, or African melodies, because they feature a melange of music to perfectly set the mood.

I often cook with music and a glass of wine.... it helps me relax after a hard day of work, and gets me in the mood for a delicious meal, even if we are only having spaghetti. Dinner always seems to taste better with a little Andrea Bocelli in the background!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP