Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Easy Christmas Decor

I needed something to add to our house this year that would just be a little more festive than lights. I came up with an easy and cheap idea that just looks like it was meant to be for my house!
 I went to Michaels and found 12" wreaths for $6 a piece on sale at 50% off! I also found the pre-made bows on sale at $1 each, and I bought a large spool of velvet ribbon for $1 too!

I cut a 4' piece of ribbon, and looped it around the wreath. Then I nailed the two ends of the ribbon into the top of the window frame. I used a little extra ribbon to tie a bow at the top to disguise the nail, and give it a little more pizazz. I then attached the pre-made bows to the wreaths.

Voila! It was that easy! The three wreaths cost me under $15 total, and only took about 20 minutes of my time. And the house looks so much more festive too!

(We do actually have white twinkle lights in the large front hedge and mini trees, as well as candle lights in the windows to make it look even more lively at night!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP