Thursday, May 14, 2009

Goat Cheese Galore

I love cheese. Preferably with wine, but any time of the day, any day of the week. Despite being of German descent and a true "meat and potato" kind of girl, I truly believe that I may have been French or Greek in another life, since I am instantly drawn to recipes that involve cheese. This simple one was given to me by my mother-in-law, and I have to say, it is one of my new favorites:

Package of Soft Goat Cheese
Classic Olive Oil
Honey
Thyme
Cracked Black Pepper

Slice the goat cheese, and lay the slices out on a plate. Drizzle with equal amounts of olive oil and honey, but don't over saturate. Finally, sprinkle a little thyme over the cheese, and top with just a little black cracked pepper.

I prepared it with crackers underneath for a bite-sized appetizer, but you can serve the cheese slices on a plate with a knife spreader, and spread the cheese on crackers or warm toasted bread. A brightly colored plate gives this simple appetizer a dramatic effect, but surely, your friends will remember it anyway after just one bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP