Monday, August 10, 2009

Party Leftovers

There have not been any FTH recipes posted lately due to a stomach bug that had me steering clear of food. When I started to feel a little better, the first thing I asked myself was "Is it something I ate?". Thanks to Wired Magazine (and my husband for showing it to me!), I found a great site that can answer that question, as well as a million more about the food you have stored in your house.
StillTasty.com has a simple to use website that has expiration times for foods, broken down by category (dairy, vegetables, etc), is specific with foods like cheese listing it by type (Roquefort vs. Gouda), and whether the product is opened or unopened, raw or cooked. It also has raw food handling tips, storage solutions to keep your foods fresh, and how to make leftovers last longer.
Now you will know exactly how many days those leftover scallops and pasta will last!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP