Friday, October 23, 2009

Kielbasa Bean Soup

It has been kind of a rough week, and it doesn't help that the weather outside is far from cool fall air. However, last weekend was beautiful, and I knew just the recipe to enjoy with those crisp fall nights. This Kielbasa Bean Soup recipe has been in my family for a few generations, and it never disappoints (I ate it so quickly that I forgot to take a picture, hence the empty bowl)!


2 Packages Polish Kielbasa, cut in slices
2 Cans Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
2 Cans Butter Beans, drained and rinsed
2 Cans Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
2 Cups Vegetable Broth
2 Bottles Light Beer
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp Dried Mustard
5 Black Peppercorns

Throw all of it in a crock pot and let simmer on low for 6-8 hours. You can also turn it to high for 2-4 hours. Stir occasionally. I sometimes substitute Great Northern for the Garbanzo beans... its just whatever you prefer! I have also made it with Turkey Kielbasa, but found that the flavor is just not the same, so I prefer to find the Beef Kielbasa with 1/3 less fat. Refrigerate the rest (up to a week) or freeze to enjoy later.

This is a perfect soup to warm the heart, and help you truly enjoy the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP