Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cocktail Hour Alternative

Skip the cocktail - go straight for the dip! This appetizer is all you will need to lift your spirits without leaving you tipsy.

This recipe was sent to me by my good friend Jennie, who said "this is right up [your] alley!" Jennie knows my love for dirty martinis, and anything food related. I made it this past Labor Day weekend, and it seemed to be a big hit with the family too! I modified the recipe a little bit, so here is what I used:

1- 8oz. Package of Low Fat Cream Cheese
1 Tbsp of Light Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Vodka
6 pieces of Crispy Bacon (I used the microwavable kind)
1/3 Cup Green Olives, chopped (I removed the pimentos)
3-4 Scallions, finely chopped

Mix together in a bowl, and chill until served. If you need it to be more creamy, add a little milk to thin it out. Serve with small pieces of toasted bread or reduced fat Triscuits.

This recipe and photo comes from the Half Assed Kitchen. You can check out her full post here. Thanks for the great recipe!

1 comment:

  1. I made it to the blog! You are seriously amazing. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete

SHOP