Monday, February 7, 2011

Bathroom Renovation : Lighting Update


I found a genius idea on a blog (and of course didn't save it for reference, so if you know the source, let me know so I can give them credit!). The blogger was having difficulty finding a bathroom light that didn't scream "I'm a Dressing Room", which coincidentally, was the same problem we were facing.  So instead, she picked up an outdoor light fixture to hang above the mirror, which is even better, because it can weather the humid elements of a bathroom. 

I described the light fixture to my brother, and he thought the idea was cool, but needed to see the fixture. I found one online at Home Depot that was similar, if not exact, to the one on the other blog. This past weekend, after going to see it in person, we purchased this Hampton Bay Outdoor Lantern for the bathroom light.

It has a bit of a nautical feel, and I love that light from it is not restricted with a shade. The clear glass bulb around the light bulb allows light to bounce off of all walls and angles. It is also much more chrome than in the photo above, which we liked to go with all the other chrome being installed in the bathroom.  It looks a little industrial, which compliments the white subway tiles, but also allows the other elements of the bathroom, like the teak accessories and Kohler faucets, to really stand out.


I can't wait to show you pictures of it installed this week! We're almost done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP