Sunday, November 22, 2009

Family recipes


Thanksgiving is all about being thankful for everything you have been given in life. I am most thankful for the family and friends I have been given, who keep me grounded, while keeping me constantly entertained. Here, I have shared some of my family's secret recipes that have been made for generations, and NEVER disappoint. I hope you enjoy as much as I do every year at Thanksgiving!


Bob's (Grandpa's) Stuffing
3 Lbs. Ground Meat
1 Lb. Pork Sausage
1/2 Stick Butter or Margarine
1 Clove Garlic
2 Large Onions, chopped
2 Loaves of Stale Bread
1 Can French Onion Soup
Poultry Seasoning, to taste
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 Bunch Celery (optional)
Sliced Mushrooms (optional)
Red Wine or Beef Broth (optional)

In a large saucepan, lightly brown the onions and garlic in butter. Add sausage, cook until browned, then add ground meat. Cook well. Cut up loaves of stale bread into cubes. In a large bowl, mix bread with meat mixture, onion soup, and celery and mushrooms (if desired). If dressing is a little dry, add a little beef broth or red wine to moisten. Season with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Place in a large baking dish (or two!) and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.

Margaret's (Grammy's) Green Beans
2 Lbs Pole Beans
1 Jar Bacon Fat
Onion Salt
Pepper to taste

Clean Pole Beans, put in a stew pot and cover with water. Add bacon fat (1/2 jar or more as desired), onion salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook for 4-5 hours. Drain and serve.

Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP