Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Favors

Remember this post??? Well, I decided to use the jars to make these holiday favors, recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart. The recipe is very simple... you get a box of Kosher Salt and several sprigs of fresh rosemary. You put half the sprigs of rosemary and the entire box of salt into a deep saucepan, and heat over medium for about 10-15 minutes, or until all the salt is warmed through. Stir frequently so that all the salt can soak up the rosemary oils. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Before pouring into containers, cut off small pieces from the remaining rosemary sprigs and put into the small containers. The fill each with the infused salt. The smell alone should make you want to cook something with it!!!

Then I added the darling red labels (they come with the Favor Affair jars) that say "Rosemary Sea Salts, 12-25-09" to the top, and I adorned them with some green raffia.
I also added a mini whisk and a homemade recipe card that states uses for the sea salts.
I really love how they turned out! I only have 12, so will you be lucky enough to get one for Christmas???

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP