Thursday, December 24, 2009

Santa Loves Dogs Too

Christmas in our house is not complete without presents or treats for the dogs. I found a healthy dog treat recipe on-line, and made lots of treats for my pup, as well as others in our family.

Peanut Butter Dog Treats
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup Healthy Peanut Butter (I like low sugar, all-natural)
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Cup Skim Milk

Beat all ingredients together and roll into a log. Refrigerate up to 2 hours. Roll out on floured surface and cut into shapes with cookie cutters. I used star and bone shapes for my Christmas treats! Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Let cool and transfer to wire baking racks. Add them to small bags and share with your family and furry friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP