Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hot Apple Pie Dip

I was given this recipe by a good family friend, and boy, it is good! I made it Thanksgiving weekend and I am going to make it again for a dinner tomorrow night. I did add my own touch to the original, which I actually think makes it even more delicious! Here's the recipe:


8oz Low Fat (or Fat Free) Cream Cheese, softened
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Green Apple, chopped and divided in half
1/4 cup Low Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Chopped Pecans
Ground Graham Crackers (my addition!)
2 Tbsp Smart Balance Butter (or real butter)

First, combine the graham cracker mix to the melted butter, and line the bottom of a 9"x9" pan with the graham cracker crust. Next, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and spice until well blended. Then mix in half of the chopped apples. Spread over the graham cracker crust. Top with the remaining apples, then sprinkle with cheddar cheese and chopped pecans. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve with Wheat Thins (reduced fat) and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP