Monday, June 20, 2011

My Dream Wish List

Totally non-food, party OR decor related, but in thinking about summer and wishes for my upcoming 30th birthday in July, I have created a DREAM list of gifts I would want, that is, if money grew on trees. I obsessed with the following:

Starfish Cuff Bracelet, Anthropologie
This bracelet is expensive for what it is, and I can think of lots of other things I would rather have for $198, but as a Florida girl, I just find it so cool. Maybe it will go on super clearance?! Doubtful, but a girl can dream.

Marc Chagall, "Nice et la Cote d'Azur"

Everything by Marc Chagall. The above painting is one of my favorites by him, not only for the rich colors, but whimsical feel, and the topic. I have been to Nice, France on the Blue Coast (Cote d'Azur), and have visited his museum there. While the museum looks pretty modern and plain from the outside, its views are spectacular and his art on the inside is nothing short of heavenly. I would love to own a piece of his work, or even just a signed Lithograph.



The Cartier Tank Francaise Steel Watch with the blue dials. Some people like the little blue boxes... I like little red boxes, specifically if it contained the watch above. This is the watch that women have forever. I know people say that about a Rolex, but I would take the Tank watch any day over that.

iPad, courtesy of Apple
Who doesn't want one of these?! They are so cool, and personally I am foregoing the iPhone for an iPad. I have trouble seeing things anyway, so I like that I could check e-mails and traffic, and play games on a larger scale. Plus, it would minimize my luggage purse a little bit, since I seem to carry my world around with me.

I'm sure I could come up with some more material things to wish for, but truth is, none of us need any of it. For my 30th, all I want are good drinks and good friends, all having a good time. If you have those things, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP