Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Vintage Finds 9.28.2011

This past weekend, on our usual garage sale outing, I came across this beverage jar at a church sale. Since I broke the lid to the one I have (and now it looks a little ghetto), I have been looking for a new one. I originally liked this one with the stand, but I couldn't stomach the price. Well, when I saw this one, I thought it was expensive (anything over $5 at a garage sale is expensive to me) and it is really large. Where would I put it? Luckily, I came to my senses after a few minutes, after remembering how much the other one was, and thought $10 was actually a deal. Plus, when I went back to look at it, I really noticed how beautiful it is with its thick green glass, that it has little handles on the side, and was made in Italy (or so it says on the bottom). And it had a lid. The only gamble was that I didn't know if the spigot worked, and had to test when I got home - which it does!!!


And here is what I love most about it- on the back side, it has levels for how many gallons it holds, and would you believe this beauty hold 5 gallons!!! That is a LOT of punch, and I am looking forward to breaking it out at our next party!


Have you found any good vintage finds lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP