Monday, May 23, 2011

The Kitchen Sink

When first designing the kitchen, I discussed how we had decided on a farmhouse sink here. We ended up purchasing the following:
This is the DOMSJO Double Bowl Farmhouse sink from IKEA. The price could not be beat ($299, but I see online it is $312), and she is huge!! I love the size, but not so much the weight.... she is made of solid porcelain, which I love for a sink, but getting her in and out of the car was no easy feat. Note to self, bring someone with you to IKEA to help you load it, since I was by myself and had to find two big strong employees to help load it. It also takes at least two people at home to get it back out of the car and into the house.

Now that cabinets are in (this is just a preview- I will post an update once the granite gets installed), here is DOMSJO in all her glory:

I love the ginormous size - you can actually set a large pot in the sink!- and her clean lines. We just have to add the faucet, garbage disposal, and drains, and she will be set!

Check back soon for the kitchen's final reveal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP