Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy January

After taking down all my Christmas decorations on January 1st, I was a little down. How is it that a house in which there is not more room to buy more furniture suddenly feels empty without a giant Christmas tree?

On New Years Day, as my husband was watching football, I made a trip to Wal-Mart for groceries and extra bins to put away the last Christmas ornaments. I checked out their Christmas clearance section, which at this point had been picked over for a week. However, I did come away with some fun items that I can use throughout the year, all for under $1. Also during my trip, I picked up some flowers, because they always make me feel better.

When I returned home, I took the silvery blue garland that I purchased for 50 cents and used it to fill the vase in which to put my flowers. For some reason, that icy blue color always reminds me of January and snow (elsewhere, since we only get frost in Florida). I then dug out some candle holders to complete the table. The clear glass ones I bought a few years ago at Crate and Barrel, and I believe the silver ones are actually the Star of David, and these I picked up on clearance at Restoration Hardware. I also added my table gems from Pier 1 that look like tiny diamonds. Add a little candle light, and my spirits perked right back up! An easy table scape to bring me into the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP