Friday, December 9, 2011

More Holiday Decor

Once my Christmas decor is up around the house, I feel like a new, happier person. Of course, the Christmas tunes that blast through our house and the balsam scented candles I light every night may have something to do with it. Like I mentioned in this post, I am trying to keep decor simple this year, so I only put out about half of the stuff I own, just my favorites made an appearance. Here they are, in no particular order (don't want Baby Jesus to be jealous of the reindeer!):

This is an over-sized wood nativity I inherited from my mother. I love its scale, as each figure is about 9"-12" tall, and they are very rustic. The angel's wings and star are actually oxidized metal.


The other nativity we love is also wood, but a bit more primitive. I love that both sets are handmade. Good nativities are hard to find!


I love to keep the mantle decor simple and red. It seems to pop with all the red, and our stockings hung with care.


The red and clear pillar holders I bought years ago at HomeGoods for under $10 each. I bought them in 3 sizes, just to change up the monotony, and got inexpensive red pillar candles to go inside. I love the subtle glow they emit when the candles are lit.


The reindeer came in to play a few years ago when I found these cute iron reindeer pillar holders at a local boutique called Marion's, which I love! If you are in St. Petersburg, you must go here for unique and fun gifts! They have fabulous stuff you can't find anywhere else! The red berry garland I bought at Joanns with a coupon.

A few years ago, since we got married in January, we had a Christmas bridal shower in which all my guests bought us ornaments and Christmas themed gifts. Since one of my registry sites was Pottery Barn, I included the three sizes of the twig reindeer in bronze to match my pillar holders. They no longer sell these, but you can find some in silver here and here.


And also on our registry, we had our Pottery Barn velvet tree skirt, seen nestled under our tree, and the natural lit star tree topper. The skirt is very plain and traditional, but it is not trendy, and I don't get tired of it. And after all the gifts are wrapped this weekend, you won't see it anyway! The star topper is rustic and if I could, I would leave the tree naked with just lights and the star. So beautiful on its own!


So those are my little Christmas decor pieces for this year. This weekend I plan to decorate the outside with wreaths and lights, and finish my holiday shopping. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Christmas decor. I am using the fireplace decor as my inspiration for my decor.

    Thanks for sharing.

    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete

SHOP