Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Zucchini Bread

This zucchini bread, as seen yesterday, was a recipe that my college roommate's mom used to make for us, and although I don't like zucchini on a regular basis, I am in love with this bread. It also makes a great recipe to give in mini loaf pans to neighbors and friends for the holidays. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

3 eggs, beaten
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated zucchini (usually 2 medium sized zucchinis)
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking poweder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grate the two medium sized zucchini. I used the larger side of my grater this time to make things easier, but if you are hesitant about the flavor, use a smaller grater.

Here is about 2 cups of grated zucchini. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, zucchini, oil, and vanilla. After mixed well, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.


Pour mixture into two regular loaf pans, or 5-6 mini loaf pans. Since I only have one loaf pan, I used a small cake pan for the second half of the mixture. Be sure to grease the pans well.  

Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees. Use a toothpick to check the doneness, and remove from oven when toothpick comes out clean.

Here is the golden round bread loaf. My husband ate a piece out of the loaf pan before I could take a picture of that.


I took this plate of yummy treats over to a dinner party. I actually love how the zucchini bread looks in pie shaped slices on the plate. I may just make it in the round pans from now on! The other treats are the No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars from yesterday;s post. 


If you are really feeling fancy, you could top the zucchini bread with a cream cheese frosting, or serve it warm with a side of vanilla bean ice cream. I prefer it for breakfast warmed in the microwave with a little butter. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP