Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sugared Bacon

At a recent wedding shower I attended at the St. Petersburg Yacht Club, I got a chance to sample the club's sugared bacon. Now, I am a southern girl and love anything with bacon. Add some brown sugar to it, and you don't have to wait for me to grab a plate!

I have been dying to try to make this, so I attempted the recipe (which the club gave to one of the women at the shower) for Easter lunch.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
1 pound Bacon - I used the thick sliced, but I think it would be crispier with thin sliced bacon, which is what you want

Prepare baking pans by covering with foil, or using a wire rack coated in cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 




Dredge bacon in sugar. Be sure to be generous with the sugar on both sides. 



Bake Bacon at 350 degrees till brown, turning once, about 8 minutes per side.  


Bacon will be sticky until cool, so place on wire racks. Then transfer to wax paper until needed. 

This recipe be prepared 4 hours ahead and stored in air-tight container. Serve at room temperature.

1 comment:

SHOP