Monday, April 4, 2011

Sip & See Shower

As you know from this post and this post, last night I hosted a Sip and See Shower for my friend Kim. We had it at the beautiful Columbia Restaurant at the St. Petersburg Pier, and the evening views of the water and downtown were breathtaking. When I arrived, I had a little issue with the valets parking my car, but the sight of dolphins in the bay calmed my nerves and made me appreciate the beautiful afternoon.

The restaurant had a few small tables set up for us to sit at, as well as room to mingle. While we could have simply used the white linens provided, I decided to go with the fabric I ordered and cut at home. One of the other hosts took my turquoise vases and had floral arrangements done by a local florist. Using bright spring colors, the flowers of tulips, gerbera daisies, and lilies really popped above the blue suzani fabric.

Here is the mom-to-be Kim (in pink) and some friends:
We had a menu of heavy appetizers - chicken croquetas, crab cakes, and The Columbia's famous Cuban sandwiches and red sangria. My Aunt Karen, another host, ordered the cutest cookies as favors:
Each bag had two Onesie cookies in them, one in pink that read "Its a girl", and one in green that read "its a boy", since Kim is having twins and one of each! They turned out so cute, and were the perfect dessert for our guests to take home. They were delicious too... I ate mine as a reward for my hard work later in the evening!
Hostesses Barbie & Karen (second from left, middle) and guests
Since the shower did not include the opening of gifts or games, we did a little activity of decorating onesies for the babies! I made one before the shower to give guests an example. I had a set of directions and a suggestion list of funny phrases to help guests who may be creatively challenged.
We all had a great time just mingling, eating, and decorating, and I think it was a successful and stress-free shower for all! Check back later today for the How-To on onesie decorating too!

2 comments:

  1. The mommy looks absolutely beautiful! Those cookies look so good too (even though i'm not a sweet eater)! You know, I heard someone say they were having a Sip & See before, but I thought it was something they made up. Is this a southern thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually a sip & see is a cocktail party after the baby comes, to see the new parents and meet the baby. We just did it before since she is having twins and may not have time for awhile after they come. :)

    ReplyDelete

SHOP